by Joseph Brady, Director of Business Development / Cloud Alliance Lead at Treehouse Software, Inc.
Data First Approach to Mainframe Modernization
This white paper serves as a guide for organizations planning to replicate their mainframe data on a Cloud platform. Much of an enterprise’s mission critical mainframe data is stored in legacy mainframe databases, and the cost to maintain these databases is high. An added complication is that the data is utilized by many interlinked and dependent programs that have been in place for many years, and sometimes, decades. Unlocking the value of this legacy data is difficult due to many very different types of mainframe databases.
Many organizations are now looking for modernization solutions that allow their legacy mainframe environments to continue, while replicating data in real time on highly available Cloud-based platforms. With a “data-first” approach, immediate data replication to the Cloud is enabling government, healthcare, supply chain, financial, and a variety of public service organizations to meet spikes in demand for vital information, especially in times of crisis.
Download the White Paper Here
Contact Treehouse Software for a Demo Today…
Just fill out the Treehouse Software Product Demonstration Request Form and a Treehouse representative will contact you to set up a time for your tcVISION demonstration. This will be a live, on-line demonstration that shows tcVISION replicating data from the mainframe to a Cloud or Open Systems target.
by Wayne Lashley, Chief Business Development Officer for Treehouse Software and Joseph Brady, Marketing and Documentation Manager for Treehouse Software
Many organizations using ADABAS/NATURAL and other technologies on mainframes and open systems are feeling the pressure to be more efficient, and to contribute to overall enterprise cost savings. However, with retirements, hiring freezes, budget constraints, and scarcity of qualified expertise, it is becoming more and more challenging to find cost effective ways to maintain current levels of service and reliability.
Fortunately, these organizations can take advantage of Treehouse Software‘s decades of experience in database administration, systems programming and mainframe optimization.
Feel Like You Are Being Pulled Under?
Give us a call today to tell us about your current situation, and a Treehouse representative will conduct simple and short interviews with key employees of your organization to understand what issues you would like to address. We will then follow up with a brief report on how Treehouse Consulting and DBA Services can help you meet your IT goals with an affordable and reliable solution.
Grab a Treehouse Lifeline
Treehouse Software consultants are experts in z/OS and z/VSE environments, and especially in ADABAS/NATURAL deployments on both mainframe and open systems. Treehouse Consulting and DBA Services can deliver benefits in:
- Focused IT strategy
- Savings in time, resources and operating costs
- Empowerment of current IT staff
Examples of Treehouse Services:
- On-site and remote ADABAS/NATURAL DBA Services on mainframes and open systems, including monitoring, preventive maintenance and administration
- ADABAS/NATURAL performance analysis, environment tuning, and optimization
- Development, training and implementation services involving any Software AG technology
- Special routines or user exits for ADABAS/NATURAL
- Software product installation, upgrades, and training
- Data replication, migration and integration
- 24-hour telephone support
- Ongoing NATURAL SECURITY administration services
- Analysis, consultation, and recommendations on Software AG product performance and tuning, NATURAL coding approaches, ADABAS file design and feature usage, and related matters
- Participation in disaster recovery tests
- Participation in actual disaster recovery in the event of a declared disaster
- Mainframe support (z/OS support, MVS support, OS/390 support, z/VSE support)
- Mainframe upgrade assistance (z/OS upgrade, MVS upgrade, OS/390 upgrade, z/VSE upgrade)
- Mainframe specialist assistance (z/OS specialist, MVS specialist, OS/390 specialist, z/VSE specialist)
- Mainframe security assistance (RACF assistance, Top Secret assistance, ACF2 assistance)
- z/PDT support, ADCD support
- Mainframe software maintenance
We’re ready to discuss your needs. If you have any questions or need more information on Treehouse Consulting and Remote DBA Services, contact us today!